62 Electra 225 Tires

jerryacheson

Hello everyone. This is my first visit to this awesome site. I'm here because I just brought home my powder blue 62 Electra ragtop which I purchased at the Kruse auction this weekend. What a dream ride it was coming down Interstate 69 with the top down.<P>I'll have a few questions later but for now I'm trying to figure out what size whitewalls are correct on the 800-15 bias tires. Coker lists 2 1/2 and 3 inch walls. What's correct?<P>Thanks.

Hi Jerry. First I'd like to say congrats on your purchase of you '62!! cool.gif" border="0<P>I'm not exactly sure what the correct whitewall size is for your Electra, but I will consult my literature and try to find you an answer (if someone else doesn't beat me to it). rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>In the meantime, if you like, you can click the link below and check out my 1962 full size Buick site. It has some info on your car and an "Online Car Show" if you'd like to submit a photo of your car. smile.gif" border="0

Guest Skyking

Hi Jerry, I know the feeling, I have a 62 Invicta convertible that's also powder blue, (correct color) Glacier Blue. The correct white wall size is 1". 1962 was the first year for narrow white walls. Wide whites ended in 1961.....Good luck with your car......

Guest COMPACTBC

If you are after 1" whitewalls bias ply, which is the correct width, try Lucas Tires in Long Beach CA, that's where I got mine. Someone is reproducing 1" white walls in Radials also, but I don't know who they are. rolleyes.gif" border="0