1952 opel olympia

Niels

Hey There

just wanted to share some pictures of my 1952 Opel Olympia in original condition cosmetic wise. underneath it has had complete restauration as it spend most of its life stored in a garage.

So the story as far as i know/ have documents off.

It was built in Germany in 1952 and delivered new in the Netherlands. Where it drove around from 1952-1957 only doing about 21 000 kilometres. then in 1958 it was sold to a person who only had it for 1 month before passing away. it then was sold again to a company who used it for transport of people from 1958 to 1967 only consuming 4500 kilometres. then it was stored from end of 1967 till 2018.

in 2018 it was bought by a person in Belgium who wanted to restore it and bring it back to its deserved glory. he spend 5 years working on it without driving it. he then was diagnosed with a life ending disease and forced to sell it.

I bought it with my father in 2023 with some work still left to it after spending a good part of the winter fixing the final stuff (electrical rewire) we where able to go get a road worthy check done and finally register it for the first time since 1967 for road use. and since then have driven over 5000 kilometres and many more to come.

I hope you guys like the pictures and if interest i can always provide a lot more of those.

20231016_111638.jpg

20231016_113029.jpg

• Like 2