Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
darwin-t

darwin-t

I have eliminated a lot of stuff. I cleaned the MAF, replaced the camshaft position sensor, idle air control valve, and coolant temperature sensor. I cleaned the throttle body.

It started okay, seemed to be idling better. It did not immediately die when I put it in gear, but it wouldn't really move the car. I let it warm up for a couple of minutes and it ran smoothly except when when I pressed down the gas pedal from idle. It would hesitate, not do anything and then accelerate quickly.

I will let it sit overnight and try again tomorrow. 

Would a vacuum leak does this? I will test for those by spraying carb cleaner around or maybe a propane torch. That would certainly be less messy.

But I fear it in the manifold gasket or a head gasket.

I cleaned up the leaked coolant. I didn't see any leakage in the 5 or so minutes I had it running. The coolant is only at the left side of the engine - toward the front of the car.

I read the codes on it.
E034 History

B671

E041

No coolant in the oil

darwin-t

darwin-t

I have eliminated a lot of stuff. I cleaned the MAF, replaced the camshaft position sensor, idle air control valve, and coolant temperature sensor. I cleaned the throttle body.

It started okay, seemed to be idling better. It did not immediately die when I put it in gear, but it wouldn't really move the car. I let it warm up for a couple of minutes and it ran smoothly except when when I pressed down the gas pedal from idle. It would hesitate, not do anything and then accelerate quickly.

Would a vacuum leak does this? I will test for those by spraying carb cleaner around or maybe a propane torch. That would certainly be less messy.

I cleaned up the leaked coolant. I didn't see any leakage in the 5 or so minutes I had it running. The coolant is only at the left side of the engine - toward the front of the car.

I read the codes on it.
E034 History

B671

E041

darwin-t

darwin-t