1963 Buick LeSabre 2 Door Hardtop

Just picked up this beauty. I plan to clean her up a bit but nothing major. Needs a trunk pan and rim at the trunk lid but other than that she's solid.  Was thinking either same color in a matte finish or GunMetal matte. Opinions? Runs great! New brakes and Lines, frame is clean. Put some new tires ( fat 50s on the rear) on her last week and smoothie rims coming this week. Need to get the wiper motor rebuilt or replaced but having no luck locating one. The heater controls need some love. Been going through the electrical and so far finding no major issues. I replaced all the exterior lights with LEDs . It was a safety thing with me. Little things here and there that I've been doing has brought a lot of memories back to when I was young and was able to work on my own vehicles.  Finding that I miss that.  Not sure why some of the photos are downloading upside down. 

20240212_170156.jpg

20240212_170144.jpg

20240212_170136.jpg

20240212_164156.jpg

Edited by RLRJr
Mispelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This car drives unbelievably well. Nothing has been touched with regards to the suspension and steering. I was amazed the first time I took it out for a ride wondering how far up the speedo it would go before rattling loose. 70, 75, 80 and not a tick. 

The best part of this car is that Twin Turbine transmission. It's a little sluggish off the line, but highway passing acceleration is impressive. I would find mine rolling at 80mph if i didn't keep an eye on it.