Robert Fletcher, you mention "cleaning" fuel pump relay

maark

I assume you are talking about the electrical relay on the firewall and not the pressure switch on th fi manifold. Which of the relays on the firewall is for the fuel pump? I have three -- passenger side, center & drivers side???? It seems the center one was the brake air pump. I cleaned it some time ago to get the light to go off on the dash. It also seems to me that if the relay were bad the fuel pump would never come on. Mine comes on and the car starts fine except when cold. Then the long crank senario.

thanks,

maark

Guest wally888

OOPS

Relay on 88,89 is 3rd one on firewall, under hood, passenger side.

90,91 is as above.

I would never clean and reuse a relay unless ,well, I wouldn't because:

see Relays at reatta.net / Brakes

It would appear as though your problem has been solved.

Yes relay on firewall.

My relay, from NAPA, lasted less than 1/2 of a year before it required replacing/cleaning. I had same symptoms and cleaned it even though it was almost new because I felt the fault was going to be there or with the in tank fuel pump. There was lots of black gunk that the contact cleaner and paper removed. Mine has worked fine since cleaning. When it next fails it will be replaced, Replacement is already in centre console storage area.

Happy motoring.

DEDUCT "1"

Heck we'll deduct 1,000 and credit an additional Quadrillion for being on topic most of the time and you also get an additional big "atta boy" thumb.gif and an image of this T-Shirt t4.jpg

And we'll award you for at least the next week the prestigious title of "Senior Member"

I know off topic but 1 in ??? smirk.gif