54 Buick Wire Wheels and Stainless Rings...

I have a set of original 54 Buick Wire Wheels with the stainless beauty ring. Would someone tell me what they believe these wheels to be worth? Or, if you are interested in them please let me know ASAP. I may put them on ebay, but would rather find an individual who is doing a restoration and needs them. They are 5 lug and I believe 15x8. I can provide picture. E-mail me at shannon_cape@yahoo.com

So, what you are saying then is you are not interested in them? hehe

well, that is good to learn. I just know that when I bought the wheels around 17 years ago they were off a 54 Buick. The rings may have been added by the owner. I wish there was a way to verify the authenticity of these wheels prior to going on ebay.

OK, I was able to track down the guy that I bought these wheels from 16 years ago!! An advantage of living in a small, small town! They came off his Fathers 1954 Buick Skylark. They were originally chrome but since they had some surface rust he blasted them and painted them. He added the beauty ring. So, they were not orignal to the wheel.

Guest Skyking

Now getting back to the original question: What are they worth? Seeing they been blasted and painted, I don't think they would be worth alot of money. If someone has to rechrome & re-spoke them, they'ed be better off buying a set from Wheel Vintiques in Fresno California.......