Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 7 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Gurymdim

Gurymdim

On 6/12/2024 at 1:31 PM, Rod P said:

Bit like an old car, eh?

I have a 1923 Chevrolet Basket case Superior, successor to the Chevrolet 490.

The joke at the time, was that 490 stood for how long that the rear axle took to break. 4 yards, or 90 seconds.

Hope the watch is a bit better?

Original poster seems legit. His new fan club? Still 10 days from a full moon, can't explain it.

eBay has a couple. (No affiliation with me, really.) 

https://www.ebay.com/b/Chevrolet-Wristwatches/31387/bn_7116481777

You make a solid point about the Bonhams auction and how much history these watches hold. But let’s be real—some of them are way overpriced for what they are. It’s like the old Chevy joke about the 490; sometimes, you wonder how much you’re really getting for your money.
I had a pretty similar experience with a classic bike I tried to restore, and it felt like throwing cash into a bottomless pit. But if you’re looking for that classic vibe without the hefty price, those replica clone are actually pretty impressive. You can get that timeless look without shelling out a fortune, which is a smart move if you ask me.

Gurymdim

Gurymdim

On 6/12/2024 at 1:31 PM, Rod P said:

Bit like an old car, eh?

I have a 1923 Chevrolet Basket case Superior, successor to the Chevrolet 490.

The joke at the time, was that 490 stood for how long that the rear axle took to break. 4 yards, or 90 seconds.

Hope the watch is a bit better?

Original poster seems legit. His new fan club? Still 10 days from a full moon, can't explain it.

eBay has a couple. (No affiliation with me, really.) 

https://www.ebay.com/b/Chevrolet-Wristwatches/31387/bn_7116481777

You make a solid point about the Bonhams auction and how much history these watches hold. But let’s be real—some of them are way overpriced for what they are. It’s like the old Chevy joke about the 490; sometimes, you wonder how much you’re really getting for your money.