1970 FORD XL CONVERTIBLE (RESTORED) FOR SALE

Just listed on ebay.com Item# 1859548358 NO Reserve or email me to make an offer. Over $22000.00 inveseted with receipts. email: snowmman99@prodigy.net Here is the info.

1970 FORD XL 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE

VIN# 0E61H264464

This is a RARE find!! This car has been restored to about 90%. This car I believe is not a Galaxie nor is it a LTD. This is just a XL model (according to my research) with the 351 Windsor CID 8 Cylinder 2 V engine. Received original options sheet from FORD manufacture and it states for this VIN the 61 is for Ford XL 2 Dr Convertible. (No Galaxie or 500 mentioned) Its original color was Ivy Green metallic exterior paint. Kiwi & vinyl bench seat, Black in color. Power convertible w/glass back lite, black in color, Automatic transmission. Standard ratio 2.75 non-locking rear axle. G78 x 15” wide oval white sidewall tires. Body style moldings. Power steering. AM radio and left hand remote control mirrors. I have the letter from FORD. Now for the history of the car. The history that can be found only goes back to the 3rd owner in which it was purchased for $900.00 in 1998. The car came from Baltimore and had an emblem from Tower Ford. It was lost in the restoration of the car. Then the car was purchased in June 23, 1990 with approx 46k original miles. This person kept it for 4 years 4 months and only put on approx 15000 miles. This person paid $2300.00 for the car and invested about $12000.00 in restoring it, have receipts. The current owner then purchased it then on Oct 21, 1994 and the mileage had 62,189 miles. Owned it for 8 years and it only has 68,189 original miles on it now. More restoration was done and spent $9,586.00 on engine and cosmetics. Have all receipts and work that has been done to it.

List:

1994 - New HD front shocks, New NOS left side rear quarter panel.

1995 - Disc brakes and spindles, New radiator, New upper control arm bushings, rebuilt caliper driver side, transmission fluid changed 10 ½ courts, strainer and gasket bands adjusted, New mater cylinder, New fuel pump and lines, New clock, NOS wheel chrome molding, Front and rear XL emblems.

1996, Air conditioner fixed, drivers side door hinge pins and bushings, New Sears Gold Diehard battery.

1997 - Pulled engine out and detailed engine and compartment, New starting motor, Repaired trunk and tail light area and door jams and painted, 2 new rear tires, Hand detailed front grill.

2000 - Flushed transmission and torque completely 16 quarts. 2 new front tires, New K&N air filter.

All the above items came to $9586.00. Have receipts for all.

Parts that will come with the car:

- Original Ford emblem

- Original bench seat

- New NOS wheel molding $375.00

- Passenger rear quarter panel new and primed

- AM/FM radio that fits in car. Now there is a FM converter in the ashtray slot.

- Ashtray

- New wiper blades

- Used wiper motor

- Vacuum advance

- Motor Craft carburetor gasket 1 new one and the one that had been replaced

- Door hinge pins and shims

- XL emblem for front and rear

- Spare turn light

- Breathable car cover value of $120.00

The roof is new and does not leak. The color of the car is Dupont Red number 6346. The tire sizes, Front: 235/60/R15 and Rear: 275/60/R15 with Crager rims. It has a current North Carolina inspection. It does have its original owners manual. All mileage for this car is accounted for. The stainless steal duel exhaust that was installed on this car makes it just PURRRRR. The body style for this car is 76B with a production of only 6,348. There has been a lot of money put into this car and only needs a small amount of attention to be a show car. There are not to many of these cars out there either. If you have any questions or want a few more pics email me and I will get them off to you.