victory 6 starter

i have just purchased this car and the starter/battery cable is bolted to another wire going to the coil also the key switch is missing also there does not seem to be a starter solenoid does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram or how to fix this problem

Romar (advertises in magazine) sells a repro owners manual with wiring diagram. There is not a starter solenoid. The early cars has a foot pedal starter switch on the floor. Later they had a pull knob and cable to a starter switch bolted to the top of the starter. Most often the coils and ignition switch have been replaced as they were made with "pot metal" that frequently went to pot. See the website www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com for many parts for your car. One handy "fix" for your ign switch is a "nut" he makes that will fit over a Standard universal ignition switch and still look just like original. You then can hide a modern 6V coil under the dash and no one is the wiser. I am the Victory tech advisor, listed on Page 2 of club magazine. Feel free to contact me as I can help you get this car going. You WILL be pleased with the performance.