wood trunk fit up

sligermachine

Shaping them up to fit good and tight .the old wood from what I see is bowed and all right to copy however each time I traced the old part I added a 1/8'' per side on purpose so when the hole new frame is getting body work done I can sand off hear and their to make the body lines look as true as possible which would not be possible if I Cut them to the nastss ass the first time. in this picture just a OZ.  of pressure is on the clamps so I can draw the real shape of the curve I will sand to the line being drawn and the line is only about 11'' long what did not fit like a glove from the first original part well after a 100 years anway -Kyle 

I have sanded off 1/2 of the pencil so it is just lead touching the truck shape .I made one off aircraft for 15 years I'm good at coping parts crop dusters that work for a living are gonna  touch the ground when they spend all day 6 feet off the deck at breakneck speeds  I know from experience 

20171219_223535_Film1[1].jpg

Cut the length as tight as possible to push it in place not drop in place. lightly  clamp tight to flange side and put tape to show the edge of wood to transfer matting eage the curved shapes can not transfer the cut line both pieces can not fit at same time so we have to make a shadow line on trunk in side so we can see them meet when we switch out to the other part .I dont know how many pictures I can post at once but i'm going to just try to show one step at a time might take a couple of days to get done .sorry I know I spell horrible but it takes a long time to just get it this good --kyle 

If any one on this forum has posted this step by step befor to do a hole car Tell me please otherwise I will do it part by part for every carr I have . the last one is using a ban saw blade to transfer  I like using ban saw blades really flexible and stay straight while flexing .

20171219_230044_Film1[1].jpg

20171219_235811_Film1[1].jpg

20171219_235544_Film1[1].jpg

1 draw truck profile on table .

2 lay first cut part in drawing and trace what end is already cut 

3 draw lines longer so u can see them when next part is put in place on its end 

4 I clamped the vertical to a block of aluminum that was sqare on end so it would not move ez wile i drew on it mark the parts top and male sure top is lined up with top on drawing i drew the routerd part on all boardsxxxx cause i already mesded  one up .  they are just square so easy to mix them up

20171220_123936_Film1[1].jpg

20171220_124539_Film1[1].jpg

20171219_225813_Film1[1].jpg

20171220_122122_Film1[1].jpg

20171220_122203_Film1[1].jpg

• Like 1