NEED: 68-70 heavy duty cooling water pump for my 455

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I've got a 1947 Olds ragtop (Project Big Olds) with a '70 455 that is running alittle warm and I thought I'd try an orginal heavy duty water pump. Can anyone here help me out or steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help. smile.gif" border="0)) cool.gif" border="0

• 4 weeks later...

Denise,<P>My advice is to go with an electric water pump/high capacity from Mondello. But some things you may want to check before going to all the trouble. Your thermostat and what it's opening temperature is. You should be able to get a 160 degree stat that will keep your engine cooler however if it's not exceeding 220 degrees siting in idle for long periods of time your ok. Another possibility is if your fan has a clutch that slows it down I would suggest you install a flexi fan with no clutch, Or an electric fan with a acuator that allows thew fan to start if the engine temp reaches 160 to 190 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. I was able to find the heavy duty water pump I was looking for locally here in Detroit. I also got a Robertshaw 180 t-stat. I plan on ordering a new radiator also. Hopefully, after all this, Big Olds will start to run alittle cooler! smile.gif" border="0)