Color codes

MBL

Hello again. Tim here. I have quick question about the color codes that I have found on my 55 Pack 400. For the paint code it shows an MJ. So far this means to me a two tone paint job. The colors being White Jade and Fire Opal. Now thats all well and good but the color that I am finding in areas that are not typically prone to fading seems to be closer to Rose Quartz. I have shown about 5 of my friends look at it an they all agree that it does not look like the Fire Opal. Also while I'm at it; does anyone know the meaning of a trim code of 86?<BR>I haven't seen a list for that info yet. I'm sure its in the shop manual but I haven't gotten it yet.<BR>Tim<BR>MBL

Tim: trim code #86 for 1955 is Black cloth and red genuine leather with red robe rail. It's in the "Parts & Accessories Master List 55 56th series", page XV.<P>Some of the interior combos on the 1955 & 1956 cars are pretty spectacular. Also pretty expensive to duplicate on a restoration. grin.gif" border="0

That doesn't seem at all like what I have. I guess it seems that mine has been replaced at some point but I can tell you to me it seems like it is original. What would some of the tell tale signs be on a replaced interior in this case? The colors of what I have are red and white immitation leather. Again I am thinking that the color code is incorrect unless someone went through alot of effort to strip the car of all of its original paint in order to paint it rose quartz and them later on paint it another color of red over that. Hmmm?<BR>Tim<BR>MBL<p>[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: MBL ]