Cabin Lighting 39’

boaterhat

Greeting All,

Found something interesting that the manuals don’t say anything about. My dash has a second hole and contour section on the passenger side that looks exactly like the driver’s side map light section. This hole and dash contour is below the glove box on the left side, very close to the radio knob. Any of you with a 39’ know what this would be for? Is there a second “map” light? Wiring diagrams only show the one next to the column.

Also I’ve run into an interesting situation with my dome light. At some point someone thought it would be an excellent idea to cut off part of the dome light bulb housing and insert a bulb socket like the one holding the map light. Do any of you have a photo of what the dome light reflector/bulb/socket housing looks like? I have a few ideas to fix it but a photo may help me find one on ebay or something.

Thanks,

J.  

For question 1:

Our car is right hand drive and it has an empty hole on the left hand side of the dash under the cigarette lighter, just like the map light hole on the right side (near the vent handle)..  My guess is that the dash board will have been pressed so it can be used on both left hand and right hand drive builds.