Interested in Buying Classic

I am looking to purchase a classic car from the 1955 - 1967 era. I have a great deal of interest in this area from 57 Chevy's to 67 SS etc....... <P>I own a beach home in Narragansett and looking to add a classic to my summer time fun.<P>Please respond if you kmow a dealer or person selling a classic car to pthorp@netscape.com<P>Thanks,<BR>Peter

Guest Chuck Conrad

I'll save Peter the trouble... <P>There are many places to find collector cars for sale. The most common are Hemmings Motor News and Old Cars weekly. Both have web sites. Their publications are available at most bookstores and news stands. You could also purchase a car at an auction or swap meet. eBay/Kruse is the biggest Auction company, but there are lots of others who offer quality cars as well. Local swap meets are frequently advertised in Hemmings or Old Cars Weekly.<P>The truth is, the very best way to find the car of your dreams is to join a car club that specializes in the kind of car you're looking for. By networking with other members, you can find some really good cars at reasonable prices. <P>In this case, CCCA is not the club you are looking for. You'll note that we are interested in very specific cars built mostly from 1925 to 1948, therefore Chevrolets won't be found in this club, nor is any car built after 1948. <P>AACA would be an excellent place for you to start. It is a wonderful organization (the world's largest old car club with members everywhere). They honor any vehicle that is at least 25 year old. You can visit their discussion forum by just going to the bottom of the page and clicking on their site in the window marked "Hop To." <P>AACA's Web Site is linked on the left hand column of this page. Just click on it to visit.<P>You might also find the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America to be helpful too.<P>The old car hobby is very contageous. If your interests ever change and you find yourself fascinated with the cars that this club is all about, we'd love to have you become a member. You don't have to own a CCCA Full Classic to be a member of the club.<p>[ 03-14-2002: Message edited by: Chuck Conrad ]