1932 Buick 67s

Guest EvanRenck

Guest EvanRenck

I have been working on this old Buick for some time now, and I have a couple of issues that I have run into. First of all the oil pump was totally frozen up and in trying to take it apart we managed to bend the rod that the gears are connected to. Is there any where I can find a rebuild kit or even a used oil pump for this beast of a car? I am having a heck of a time ttrying to find parts for it.

Anyways its probably time that I updated our progress with the restoration of my great grandfathers town car!

Egge Machine has a rebuild kit for an 80 series pump or they offer rebuild services. The one thing they don't have is the drive gear off the camshaft (for an 80). Check with their sales desk and they can tell you what they have for a 60.(They're different). If you get in a jam, let me know...I have a 60 series '32 engine that I took the oil pump out of, trying to find the drive gear for mine.

Steve Gorthy BCA #44510

31 Model 87

Guest EvanRenck

Also, do you have any ideas on how to fix the oil cooler/ water pump thing on the side of these engines? Mine is all rusted out and I am not sure what to do to bypass it or try to fix it.

I would plan on bypassing the unit while you search for parts. These parts are very scarse and many used parts are in poor condition. To bypass, make a flange that fits on the engine block there the regulater was mounted. Bor a hole in the flange to accept a metal tube the same size as diameter of the output of the ware pump. The tube needs to curve downward to make a good transition for a piece of radiator hose to run from the water pump to the flange. Weld the tube in the flange. You will next need to make a U shaped piece of tubing and and get fittings to fit in the block where the oil lines ran into the old regulator. Your car will run fine without the regulator. If running in cold weather, allow plenty of time for a good warmup of the oil.

Bob Engle