Need '35 Dictator vacuum wiper motor assembly

Guest Mark Vail

Guest Mark Vail

I've finally gotten around to playing around with my new toy--my 2A Dictator 4 door sedan. I finally figured out how to drop the rear mount spare tire to access the trunk lock. Thanks to Richard Quinn for sending to me a copy of one of the sales brochure pages which shows it--the owner's manual reprint (which I purchased from Richard and has been quite helpful) didn't cover this for some reason. I guess new owners were shown how to do this when shown the car. Anyway, the car is pretty complete and runs pretty well with the exception of a sticking automatic choke (I will post a separate inquiry on that one later, however).

The only thing this car is missing, it seems, is the vacuum wiper motor which has been removed at some point. I purchased a copy of the '29-40 Master Body Parts Catalog. It appears that the car came equipped with the driver's side wiper only (which is fine--I don't intend to drive the car when the weather threatens) since the passenger's side has the rubber plug in the cowl beneath the windshield on the passenger's side. And there is no evidence that it ever had a wiper on that side.

Here's what seems to be missing, as best I can tell from the car and the manual:

Outside the car:

The left arm and spring (part #258785W, I believe) and, of course, the wiper blade (#1337X1W)

The retaining nut (#264166W?) which attaches the arm to driver (which is there)

Inside the car the only things in place that I can tell are (1) the dashboard fittings (the dashboard knob for the speed control is missing, however, but the stem is there). (2) The on/off knob assembly seems to be complete--including the knob and the control lever beneath the dash which somehow attaches to the wiper motor--right now it is attached to nothing). There is a stub of a pipe about 12" long (or so) which comes up from the lower firewall (center), which I am assuming is related to the vacuum somehow.

Everything else is missing as best as I can tell.

1. Can anyone provide me with the parts I need to get the wiper operational?

2. Can anyone provide me with a photo and/or instructions on how this all goes together?

If all else fails, I guess there is always Rain-X :)

Thanks!

Mark Vailpost-97344-143142298524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Vail (see edit history)

Guest 37Dictator

Hello Mark...I have a 1937 Dictator and have found parts for my car from the following sources ..Your car would most likely have used Trico Parts

www.wiperman.com--specializes in Trico Vacuum motors ..arms , nut and blades for American cars from the 1920s

American Antique Auto Parts this is a 1930 Chev site but they have parts arms; nut ; Blades that can be used as well

I believe Wiperman is the best source to get what you need ...Good Luck

Guest Mark Vail

Thanks, 37Dictator. Somebody on the SDC Forum also recommended wiperman.com. Will check it out. Will probably still need help figuring out how it should be installed/mounted under the dash. A photo would be great! Can anyone help?

Mark