MERKUR Dealership Sign (large one 7 feet)

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

I was fortunate enough to happen upon a Merkur Dealership in Austin, Texas which was being demonlished in 1993. I convinced the demolition guys to sell me the two large plastic inserts from the outdoor sign. Had I not driven by at that very moment it would be crushed and in the landfill. Even though I don't own a Merkur, I'm a "car guy" and knew out there somewhere there would be collectors who might enjoy having one of these hanging in their workshop someday. At the time I bought it Merkurs had only been discontinued for four years so it was almost new then.

I sold one on eBay about 10 years ago and shipped it to New York (don't want to do that again - building the box to ship it Fed Ex took literally half a day!). The shipping cost back then was more than what I sold it for so don't want to go that route again. This is my last one and it's not doing me any good collecting dust in my barn so it's time to let a Merkur guy be the proud new owner and give him "bragging rights" in front of his buddies.

I have a friend who is driving to Hershey next month for the swap meet and he can deliver it there so you can avoid the $100+ shipping charge if you agree to pick it up from him or have a buddy do so.

This is the SEVEN FOOT long x 30 inch high x 3 inch deep outdoor dealership sign. You are buying only the very heavy gauge plastic insert which would look great hanging in your workshop - I even toyed with the idea of mounting a 3 foot long florescent light fixture on the wall behind it which would make a great lighted sign!

These are really rare and don't come along very often. If you are a MERKUR guy, you need it! Price $200 FIRM with free delivery to Hershey (October 9-12).

First telephone call gets it! 512 - eight two five - 3369 My name is Fred and this is my cell number so I'll be the one answering. Texas is Central Time so please call before 9:00 pm or after 8:00 am. Thanks!

Merkur2_zps2f5b7813.jpg

Merkur1_zpsea59e3fe.jpg