1933 Buick Serie 66S

Guest Juergen

Guest Juergen

Hallo,

I am Juergen from germany, did not visit the forum a long time, because I had to sell two of my Buicks,(1930 S. 64C and 1933 S.66 S) but now I found a new one unexpected, a 1933 Serie 66S. Unfortunately I have a problem with the tie rod ends, the german TÜV (the technical examination office for the immatriculation) says I have to novate them because of wearing. I try to find them on ebay and ask Bob, no success.

If somebody has a pair for sale or know which others I can use, I would be very pleased about an answer. I will post pictures of the car when the procedur is over.

Thank you for every info

Regards from germany

Juergen

In the 14 years that I have been working on 32 Buicks, I have never seen any New tie rod ends for the 32 or 33 Buicks. I have collected some parts from scrap 32 chasssis. The ends are all bad. I know of one 33 50 series car that solved his problem by taking measurements of the thread size at the on the fixed housing and then measuring the taper on the ball end. From this he was able to find a replacement that was shorter overall and had a different nut size on the ball end but had the correct threads and taper. I do not know what the replacement was originally for.

I do not know of any cross reference manuals that will help. I suggest you post the dimensions and ignore the 32 60 series as that will limit your search. In the worst case, you can take the old tie rod ends apart and get a machine shop to make a new ball and seats. The seats are split halves.

I wish I could be of better help.

Bob Engle

Guest Juergen

Thank you for the advices, I can stop my search for a NOS part, I had to improvice with help of a machine shop.

Regards Juergen

Guest Juergen

Hallo Rob,

thanks for the idea,

the sedan looks great, but it is sold now I have seen in the ad.

Juergen