Wanted: Prewar flower car-Packard or Cad/LaSalle

I am still searching for a prewar flower car. I would like to locate a good restorable to excellent condition 1937-42 Henney Packard or a 1939-40 Cadillac or LaSalle flower car. Coach builder is unimportant. I realize that this is like finding the needle in haystack. Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for as the car belonged to my father who passed away in June. If you are interested, please let me know.<P>1939 La Salle Opera Coupe (I don't know if that is the same as a "flower car")<BR>Ground up restoration<BR>Rebuilt motor with 8,800 miles (original motor is in the garage)<BR>New chrome<BR>New upholstery (as original)<BR>Denman white wall tires (5)<BR>Black with gray interior<BR>Runs, garage kept<BR>Price: $20,000<P>Look forward to hearing from you. We are located in Upper Marlboro, MD. e-mail if interested jemblm@altavista.com<P>Thanks,<BR>John and Bonnie

A flower car is a funeral vehicle that was designed and built by a professional coach builder that "loosely" looks like a pickup with a tonneau cover made of stainless steel.<BR>They usually have a hydraulically operated flower deck that can be raised and lowered to carry flowers and have rollers and hardware in "bed" for placement of a casket.<BR>Most where built on longer commercial chassis of Packard, Cadillac or LaSalles. Coach builders might be Henney, Sayers & Scovill, Meteor, A.J. Miller, Eureka, Flxible, Superior, etc.<BR>Thanks all for above information and to others that may know of one of these out there. Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I'm still looking--and probably will be for some time to come. I've called on a few of these that I know about, a 1939 LaSalle, '41 Cadillac and a couple of Henney Packards--all boat anchors to very challenging restoration projects at best. Has anyone ever even seen one of these cars or possibly heard about one in someone's barn or collection? I am very anxious to locate a good restorable to excellent quality one of these--will be very open to paying a finders/locaters fee for a good vehicle that is out there. Thanks again!!

I think my father has one for salein North Dakota. You can call him at 701-398-3104<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerry Kayser:<BR><B>I am still searching for a prewar flower car. I would like to locate a good restorable to excellent condition 1937-42 Henney Packard or a 1939-40 Cadillac or LaSalle flower car. Coach builder is unimportant. I realize that this is like finding the needle in haystack. Any information or leads would be greatly appreciated </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Thanks Victor for the lead. I did call your<BR>father but he does not have this type of<BR>vehicle in his collection. Appreciate the information. Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd recycle this back up to the top of list. I'm still searching for a prewar flowercar that is in good condition (restorable) to excellant. Thanks in advance for any information on one of these out there. Jerry