1933 Series 50 Steering box rebuild

freeman

I disassembled my steering box, 1933 Series 50, and have a few questions. Does anyone know where seals and bushings may be purchased? I will need a pitman arm seal as well as both bushings. I have a cork gasket that fits very well in the recess of the main box between the box and the pitman shaft housing. The bearings and worm gears look good. I will also need the seal that fits at the bottom of the steering tube going into the box. I may want to replace the bushing at the top of the steering tube if that is available. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Guest outlaw car man

I did my 33 about 3 years ago, I had a spare I used for parts & seals, reused the old ones- Main problem on leakage is the one at the bottom, steering tube into the gear box. There is a nice gentleman here on the forum that can supply you one of those. He sent me one, worked perfect. Hope he reads this, I think he goes by Lincoln 12 or such here on the forum, super nice guy.

Thank you for your information Outlaw, I have located the pitman seal, I will post the Napa p/n as soon as I am able to, I have located the bronze bushings and have found material to make the seal that mates the steering tube to the box. I would prefer to have the correct seal, I will try and contact Lincoln 12. I am also looking for a very good to excellent steering wheel if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Thanks,

Pat