Tranny kick down switch

Guest 65purps

Guest 65purps

I got a question I recently purchased a edelbrock 600 electric choke for my 65 Rivi anyone have any ideas on connecting the tranny kick down switch I was just gana connect it to the throttle.

Guest pgadler

I have almost the same setup, Edelbrock 1405/600 cfm but manual choke on a 65'. I made a simple bracket to combine with the original fixture.

Idle switch and throttle switch works with this. I have skipped the dash pot and I don't miss it.

But it's to dark to take picture now, I will try to remember to do it tomorrow.

/Patrik, Sweden

Guest 65purps

Thank you for the info. I would love to see a pic of how you did it. I'm also considering buying the microswitch and bracket kit edelbrock offers it about $30bucks.

Guest pgadler

51ebaa6b-8792-344c.jpg

51ebaa6b-87b1-fa60.jpg

This solves two problems/differences between original Carter AFB and an Edelbrock.

1 The Edelbrock linkage is further right than the Carter, not as wide as the Carter.

2 The Edelbrock linkage plate is further back than the Carter.

As You see on the pictures a previous owner has tried to weld part of the Carter linkage on to the Edelbrock, but not successfully. This could be removed now.

The original bracket is in it's original place.

Two holes have been drilled in the bracket, letting two new bolt/nuts secure a simple new angled bracket as shown.

A kingpin(?) secures the switch to the new bracket. By this, the switch goes on the right side of the original bracket instead of left side, but this is needed since it needs to attach to the Edelbrock more narrow linkage plate.

Works well. The idle switch is not shown, but seems to work in it's original position and I think that part of the linkage is original, not Edelbrock.

I did not know Edelbrock had a kickdown switch fitting, but that does not make the switch pitch work, does it?

Best,

Patrik/Sweden

Edited by pgadler (see edit history)

Guest 65purps

Looks like it works perfect the way it's set up. The edelbrock tech that helped me said people call a lot with this issue and the kit solves all problems, I'll find out ordered yesterday to give it a go.

• 9 months later...