FOR SALE 1961 Buick Skylark

Hello All,<BR> I have a 1961 Buick Skylark hardtop for sale. It is Gold in color and the person whom I bought it from had the roof top black primered.<BR> I bought this with great intentions to restore it. I loved the unique shape of the body and overall style. <BR> But as my luck would have it, my job has kept me away for long periods of time and it is taking the attention away from this classic car. The body is all straight with the exception of the door. It has a small dent from other cars banging their doors onto mine. It is about 3 to 4 inches long to about 2 to 3 inches wide. Thereafter, the body is great. The interior is all original. The seats are covered and will need to be re-upholstered. My initial look under the hood, the air filter cover had the numbers 445. I am assuming that this is size of the engine. I have heard that if this be the case, it wouldnt be the original engine. <BR> All I am asking for is what I had payed for it, $2500.00. I know I got a good deal and want to pass the same onto whomever buys it. Though I am willing to go lower, but not lower than $2000. I am in Los Angeles, California. If you are interested, please email me and I can send you pictures. You can reach me at MuerteMetl@aol.com<BR>Peace all and thanks for the read.<BR>Xavier MuerteMetl@aol.com

If the air cleaner says "Wildcat 445" then this is an air cleaner from a 401 cubic inch Buick engine. If the 401 is sitting under your hood, the car must have had some incredible modifications to accept the weight and size of that engine, and I would be afraid of what this did to the handling and balance of the car. I suspect that you have a 215 aluminum V-8 with simply the wrong air cleaner.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Ector, Texas