1938 Dodge truck

Guest srsperformance

Guest srsperformance

Im looking for a steel hood for my 1938 dodge pick up and was wondering if anyone knows what years will fit and are the car hoods the same.:confused:

post-75403-143138833144_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elitecustombody

Car hood will not fit. The top should work from 36-38 pickup,as well as sides, but to be correct ,38 sides are specific with different style louvers without stainless trim like 36 & 37

• 2 months later...
Guest donkoloski

hello,

I have a steel hood and sides for a 1938 dodge truck. They are still original color green with the chrome inserts. I restored a 1938 dodge 2 ton truck and they will not fit mine. areyou still looking for one? you can call me at 414-588-4089

regards Don

Guest elitecustombody
hello,

I have a steel hood and sides for a 1938 dodge truck. They are still original color green with the chrome inserts. I restored a 1938 dodge 2 ton truck and they will not fit mine. areyou still looking for one? you can call me at 414-588-4089

regards Don

Don, 38 Dodge 1/2 ton trucks did not have chrome inserts on the hood. Can you post some pics?

• 1 month later...
Guest justafan
Don, 38 Dodge 1/2 ton trucks did not have chrome inserts on the hood. Can you post some pics?

I have a 1938 model RC pickup and it definitely has 4 thin horizontal trim pieces on each side. Below is a picture of my work in progress.

post-70973-143138990256_thumb.jpg

Guest 1930
I have a 1938 model RC pickup and it definitely has 4 thin horizontal trim pieces on each side. Below is a picture of my work in progress.

Great looking truck

Guest elitecustombody

I guess they had an option or someone drilled holes used 36 trim pieces.My 38 doesn't have the trim.

Guest justafan

Maybe an option but I see plenty of pictures with them so a common option. I am the third owner of this truck - bought it from my Grandad in 1972. He bought it in 1949 from the original owner so I think it unlikely that it was modified. Does your hood have the louvers.