1967 Buick Skylark GS340

A friend of mine's Aunt was getting rid of a car she bought new in 1967. It is an original GS340. I basically just saved it from the crusher as she was just going to call the local wrecking yard and have it hauled away. <BR> <BR>I do not have the time or resources to do this car justice. I will lay it all out here as best as I can describe it. Anyone is more then welcome to see the car, it is in the western suburbs of Chicago. I can also email pictures if you want. <BR> <BR>Some things I have heard or know about the car: <BR>1) It does NOT have the original engine. A 70's something 350 was installed somewhere between 1970 and 1979. <BR>2) The car was parked and garage stored since 1979. It was not properly put away, but at least it appears to have been dry. <BR>3) It appears to have the original Powerglide and carter carb. Intake number is B1379758E - not sure if its original or not. <BR>4) It does have power brakes and power steering, but no A/C. It has the original AM radio. <BR>5) The vinyl top is mint with no cracking or bubbling present <BR>6) The interior is in great shape with no rips or tears in the seats or door panels or headliner. The rear package shelf appears to have been recovered with carpet. <BR>7) The doors appear solid, and so do the rockers, as well as the trunk and hood and roof. <BR> So so-so Bondo was done on the bottoms of the front fenders and rear quarters. If I was restoring it, I would put new metal from the bodyline down (about 6") <BR>9) The hood and trunk and a door have been decently primered. <BR>10) The car was white with red stripes. A detailed drawing was in the glove box detailing where the stripes should go for restoration. <BR>11) The original red rally wheels are present with trim rings and center caps. <BR>12) The chrome all appears to be in great shape - no peeling or pitting. <BR>13) It does have a steel flex fan installed (not original I assume) <BR>14) SOme of the chrome and rear bumper have been removed and are in the trunk. The GS emblems and grill are in great shape and there, as well as the GS hood scoops. <BR> <BR>This is a car that really won't take too much to restore, and a lot less to get it roadworthy. If someone can get their hands on a 340, it would even be a complete show type car. The car only has 55,000 original miles and I have the original Illinois title issued in 1967. You would be the second owner. I would just like money for my time and effort of getting it here and saving it from the crusher (to paint and do the tranny on my T-Type!) I want it to go to a good home that wants to restore a nice GS. You would need a car trailer to take it home. I haven't even tried to crank it over yet. Email me at todd@toddware.com if you are interested.

I have a firm offer of $1000 for the car. If I don't get any higher offers by Saturday May 25 at noon CST, I will consider the car sold.