!924 McLaughlan Side curtains

Guest enterprise

Guest enterprise

Hi Could someone post photos of what a 1924 McLaughan Buick 5 seater Tourer, regular side curtains look like. We are nearly finished our restoration and there seems to be various opinions on what they should be like. Any help greatly appreciated

John Lee in Australia has a 24 MB and has all the info you need. He has just had side curtains made for his car. Here are a couple of pics. John's email is johnlee@hydroilex.com.au

The gentleman is one of the pics is not John, but the trimmer who made the top and panels.

I have original curtains for my 23 MB if you need pictures of them, but they looks exactly like John's.

post-48480-143138707555_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138707561_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138707568_thumb.jpg

Guest enterprise

Hi thanks for that, We have a old copy of a bulletin (Not a clear Picture) which shows the factory where they where made, and they are different again from yours. I think it looks like four squares on each panel and the top going outside the irons. I have looked at a few ones here in NZ ( Home of the Ruby World Champions) and no two are the same. Like your shape.

Regards Allan

Guest Mike Hanning

Hi Allan,

My 1924 4cyl. Canadian Special - 24-35 Tourer has the hood bows enclosed. I also have photos from my visit to Oshawa in 2008 showing a 24-35 with the hood bows enclosed like mine. It is possible the earlier McL. sixes were exposed as John says. I am not sure if you saw my side curtains when you last visited me in Christchurch.

For the record I have recently purchased a 1908 Model G to add to the stable.

Best regards,

Mike.

Guest enterprise

Hi John, Thanks for that. Our Irons are Metal. They came with the carparts when brought it. and where in pretty poor condition, not sure they even came off a Buick. A lot of work was done on them to restore them.

We had to look at others in NZ to see what they looked like but again there are so many different kind in the cars we have seen. I guess getting original parts is getting harder especially in a small country. I guess we can only restore the car to the best of our ability and parts that are available and at least now it will be around for years now to enjoy. This restoration was started 30 years ago and has lots of owners and at last hopefully it will be on the road before Xmas