56 Tail light bezels

Hi Jeff,<BR>I've been the proud owner of a '56 model 43 for about 16 years (gosh, it sure doesn't seem that long) and have gone thru the entire drill of finding decent chrome parts.<BR>I don't want to discourage you, BUT tail light bezels (housings) for the '50's Buicks are really tough to find in good shape. There are a precious few NOS left, but you need to mortgage your house to buy them.<BR>Best bet is to find some decent "cores" and a DEPENDABLE chrome shop and have them "reprocessed".<BR>During the first ten years I owned my car I went thru three sets of housings, trying to find a chrome shop who didn't destroy the detail, but could make the chrome "stick" in all the nooks and crannies of that piece.<BR>To this day I still DO NOT have a set of really great housings on my car. They are "10 footers", at best.<BR>If you are the fortunate guy who finds a set of really great housings that are both beautiful and affordable, you may go down in BCA lore. Hang in there, DON'T get your lip hangin', and keep scouring those swap meets!<BR>The BCA National Meet each year is your best bet to "get lucky". Hope to see you in Kokomo in July. My '56 will be there, good Lord willing.<BR>Bob Leets grin.gif" border="0

Raleets,<BR>Glad to hear from someone who has a model 43.<BR>I have the bezels and there not in real bad shape, but I wanted a spare set in case I scewed these up taking them off, it doesn't look like an easy job. On another subject do you happen to know the number of model 43 produced? Keep in touch.

• 5 months later...

i have a pair of tail light bezels for a 56 special model 43 for sale.

they are in great shape but need rechromeing for show quality.no deep scratches or breaks in the metal. They look great .I'm in Phila. 100.00 for the pair. Thanks, John.