'46 Sedanette For Sale

Guest Andynator

Guest Andynator

'46 Buick 56-S (Sedanette) for sale - located in Bellefontaine, Ohio. Owner (not me) is asking $1,500 or best offer. I saw the ad and went to look at it just because I like the "jetback" (or "torpedoback") styling<BR>- but to be perfectly honest, the car's a basket case (in my opinion) or close to it.<P>Interior completely removed. Owner says he has the seat frames and all the other bits. Dash, steering column, shifter intact. Motor intact - may be missing the air cleaner. Owner says it "runs good". Wiring shot. Glass looks good all around except for cracked vent window on driver's side. Body mostly intact except for major rust-through through rockers and the trunk has been cut out. No gas tank under there, either. Recent primer. Owner says he has all of the stainless.<P>I have no interest in a car I can't drive away, but the owner is a nice fella, so I thought I'd try and help him out. I don't think he'll part it out - he really thinks it can "be restored". I don't disagree -<BR>anything can be restored if you can throw enough money at it - but that's not my cup of tea. So, on-line community, let's help the guy out and find him a home for his old Buick.<P>Call directly 937-599-6117 (evenings) and ask for Ed Huffman. I may be persuaded to get a digital picture or two if there's serious interest. I'll be posting the same info at the BCA website (and also in our local<BR>chapter newsletter).<P>Best regards,<BR>Andy<BR>'49 Super Convertible<BR>-- <BR>***remove "spambomb" from address to reply...***