Manifold Heat Control - 29 DA

Guest Dennis A

Guest Dennis A

The manifold heat control is seized. It is in the same approximate position as the attached forum photo posted by 1930 some time ago. Looks to me like it is in the running position on the photo. Is this correct? If it is I would guess there isn't too much to worry about, other than initial warm up.

If it needs to be functional, how does one do this without cracking anything? Nuts easily loosened, along with the studs, but housing is so rusted that it almost looks like part of the manifold.

On another post I saw the insides, but it still isn't clear how it recirculates the heat. I know what it is designed to do.

thanks,

Dennis

post-77990-143138665023_thumb.jpg

Soak it really well Dennis and try work around it with something very thin, yes they can break pretty easily being a cast piece. If your studs come out with the nuts than that will make it easier.

What I would do is tap on it a little lightly on the edge, maybe use a piece of wood to soften the blows, spray some stuff on it and walk away, the next time you walk by the car do the same thing and continue that until it finally starts to move.

It will move but it may take time.

I am not sure or cant remember where you live but if it gets cold there and you plan on driving it in the cold than you may want to get it moving more than some of us that are in warmer climates.

Once you have it apart you will see how the valve works.

Do you have your cable from dash still running to it and all of the little clamps, the clamps are pretty important as they hold it from twisting and giving where it should not.

Ok I just looked at the pics you sent me and looks like you are missing the cable and all, is there a knob still in the dash? Cant remember if you sent me interior shots, if there is a knob than getting a cable there is easy enough and I can walk you thru it using as much original hardware as you have.

Guest Dennis A

Jason,

No cable or knob. I have an extra red knob in my "spares" box. Looks like the choke one.

I don't plan to drive in the winter. Too much salt around here.

Tks,

Dennis