Wanted: Skylark Boot Fastner

Guest Skyking

Guest Skyking

Does anyone know where I can buy the velcro strip that slides into the channel over the rear seat of a 66 Skylark Convertible? I tried to use a 3M brand of velcro onto that strip, only to find the sun soften the glue and not holding the boot in place. Any ideas out there??

Guest John Chapman

Sky,<P>I've been looking for a replacement for mine also... without success. I discovered the original in the right side quarter panel top well, but the loop pile along the top of the strip is shot and I haven't figured out how to renew them.<P>Maybe someone else has solved this problem.<P>JMC

Guest Skyking

John, I see where alot of venders sell the boots, but no one sells the mate to the strip. Mine was in the channel but the lady I bought the car from never used it. The boot was still in the original black plastic bag. I think I was the first person to take it out of the bag. I can't understand why the fuzzy mate in the slide wasn't any good. The boot just doesn't stick to it at all. I'm hoping Year-One will produce them......We'll see....

Guest John Chapman

Sky,<P>I think the sun damages the tiny loops in the nylon pile. Most of my loops are broken, so there's nothing for the hooks in the strip on the boot to hold onto.<P>JMC