New 71/72 GS Bumper Question: To N25 or Not?

Thanks again for yall's help - here's Part B of my questioning: I have an opportunity to acquire an N-25 bumper. HOWEVER, as you may well have guessed by now, it's for a '71 and I drive a '72. How horrible a sin would yall consider my going with a '71 bumper on my '72 GS?<P>Morgan Allen<BR>'72 GS-350 Convertible

Take the tail light surrounds off your 72<BR>bumper that you have and either drill the<BR>holes to mount your surrounds, or find some<BR>tail light surrounds that have a bunch of<BR>broken stud's, peel out the metal core with<BR>the studs and then go to a body shop and have<BR>them glue the surrounds to your 71 bumper<BR>using some black urethane. I've done this and<BR>it works and looks great.

There is a beautiful 1972 N-25 bumper on eBay right now. May be pricey as it is starting at $500 and has not met reserve. I'm looking for a regular bumper for my 72 convertible...not N-25. If you replace yours, what condition is it in and are you going to be selling it? The one on my car is faded above the tail lights and around the inside of the guard. I'm lloking for a better one. Here's the link on eBay.<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=602017725&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>eBay</A>