"Hey stupid-what you looking at?"

OK , this is probably a dumb question, but I had to ask: I have a 64 Sportwagon that has a vanity mirror affixed to the passenger visor. It looks really old and has a silly "Buick is a Beauty Too" slogan etched in it. Has anyone else come across one of these? At first I thought it was a owner ad on, but the more I thought about it, I began to think this was just too plain silly and must be GM issued or dealer installed product. Thanks in advance for any input. Greg

It is a GM accessory part. It was a little phrase that the user of the mirror would read when looking into the mirror for 'vanity' reasons. Not only is the user a beauty, but so is their Buick. Just a little not-so-subliminal advertising. Matt

Thanks Matt-Too bad the old 64 Sportwagon ain't the beauty she once was-but hey- she is 38 years old-I'd hate to see what that translates into in dog years. Again, thanks for the info. This board seems to know everything. GH

This wagon gets more interesting all the time. I think it was a very early 1st year production model. It's like Buick wanted to deck her out for the new model prom; 300 4bbl with aluminum heads, AC, PS, power seat, power windows, clock, remote mirror, vista visors,third seat, roof rack and extra exterior chrome around windows. Black exterior along with a funky white interior with black floral embossed bands on the seat backs and door panels-would this be a deluxe interior of some sort? The few Sportwagons I have seen have been pretty "plain jane" and most of my knowledge base is from what I have learned from you folks-Oh yeah, it also has a bunch of color coded rubber tubing under the dash which seems to correspond to a 68 Fischer body manual for auto door locks-but for the life of me I have no idea how they worked-current lock knobs are white-except for drivers door which is chrome-is this a replacement knob? Sorry for the long post, I got a little carried away. Thanks as always, greg