POWER SEAT STUCK

Guest kootenai

Guest kootenai

1963 Riviera Seat Stuck

Recently I had a mechanic work on my non-functional power seat. He had it in & out several times. This involved cleaning and lubricating all the parts. The up & down function works good , however the forward-reverse mode worked briefly then became jammed. It almost sounded like there was excessive wear in the track or gear when it did work. Has anyone experienced similar problems like this? Should I give this up and try to find another seat?

Guest COMPACTBC

I don't know if this will help or not but, when I had this issue with my '64 Rivi I tapped the motor with a hammer, not too hard, while running the switch and it started to work again.

It's worth a try. Let my know if you have any luck.

Guest 60electra225

Similar problem on my '60 Electra 6 way. The problem was the drivers side track sticking. I had to hit the track with a hammer to free it up (not before snapping the brand new inner cable on the drive) then lubed it and made sure it was running free before reinstalling it. Don't forget to remove the drive part first however as it will not slide if the spiral gear is sitting in place and all you will do is break the gear.

the motor is the same back &forth ,up and down,a relay selectswhich way . the nylon gears can get worn and slip sometimes they can be shimed you can taket the cables off and run the track back and forth with a drill motor and a short end of cable to see if any thing is binding . BOS, 1942 buick