1933 Dodge 4 Door Sedan

Guest T J Richards

Guest T J Richards

Has anyone used R&R fiberglass or the speedway motors product 1933 Dodge Sedan fiberglass Fenders?.......

I can not find any steel ones and these are my last resort.......any recommendations & suggestions for good fitting 33 dodge sedan fenders will be appreciated......

Thanks T J

Guest imported_woodwheels

TJ;

How unusual that your name is the same as the Australian body manufacturer. Your expressed thoughts about fiberglass body parts is well taken and their inheritant weakness, they are not worth the $ you put out for them. Cracking is inevitable in a relatively short period of time. That must be weighed against availability for what you desire. 1933 DP fenders are in very very short supply.

It is my understanding that the most probable supplier of these and other rare DP parts passed away about 6 weeks ago. I do not know what the futer of his busines and all of the parts and pieces he possessed is. I am sure his widow will make that known after her grieving has subsided.

For now you have not made it known if you are looking for long or short wheel base fenders, front or rear. If you can come up with metal fenders it will be well worth the wait. You will probably spend more on restoring the used metal fenders than the cost of the fiberglass replacements. Front fenders on DP's and Plymouths of the same vintage have a design weakness that puts extreme stress on the outer lip half way between the bumper bolt and the running board. No fiberglass will absorbe this.

I would suggest advertising in the Dodge Brothers Club and the Plymouth Club publications for your needs. Often Dodge and Plymouth owners of 33's and 34's have parts that apply to the other marquis. You must have perserveriance and patience, what you are looking for is hard to find.

Jim Cook

DP technical advisor

Dodge Brothers Club

Guest T J Richards

Thanks for your info Jim, it's rear fenders I am looking for, can you please confirm that SWB & LWB front fenders are actually different? I know the hood running boards & the valance panels covering the frame (chassis) are longer, I find the LWB cars have 3 mounting supports on the frame for the running boards & the Grill shell also has 5 rivets on each side holding the support bracket for the way the radiator is mounted closer to the engine fan....

my car is SWB

T.J.; SWB and LWB rear fenders are the same for 4 door and 2 door sedans. These 2 emails make replacement panels for 1933 Dodges and other years. debriley@terraworld.ne and www.plymouth-doctor.com . I doubt they make whole fenders but they may have something laying around. Rear fiberglass fenders are not as poor a bet as front ones. Try wanted in Hemmings, Dodge Brothers Club and Plymouth Owners Club.

Jim

T.J. Sorry I missed your front fender question. Yes the SWB and LWB front fenders will not interchange with eachother. There were only 15,420 SWB Dodge cars made of all body styles in a total production run of around 105, 000 cars in 1933. SWB front end body parts, fenders, running boards and hoods are very hard to come by.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...