1929 Sport Coupe for sale

I must sell my 1929 29-26S Sport coupe. This is fully restored and a great runner. It is a joy to tour in. It is Dynamic Red, has the rumble seat and the golf door. Three bar bumpers, original radiator cap and mascot cap. Everything works, even the roll up front and rear windows, the gas gauge, the odometer and trip odometer, the original wipers, the steering column lock, the carb heat exchanger the steering column light switch... everything.<P>The interior is done in a nylon which is an exact match for the original mohair. Safety front glass and sides and rear are tempered. I like to drive this everywhere, it is restored to exactly stock right down to the engine splash aprons, 6V system, high speed 26-S rear end and original crankhole cover. I was unhappy with the brakes which were new about 6,000 miles ago so it is out getting brand new linings of the best stuff available. <P>This car is in Grass Valley Calif, and it is beautiful. It was restored to be a driver. The depature from stock is limited to a foam oil cleaner inside an original, a modern spin on filter inside the original (both mods are undectable, sealed bearing fan, Egge aluminum pistons, turn signals and e-flashers done very cleverly in front and an additional orignal rear light for signals, two electric fuel pumps hidden... vane type and backup diahragm type, both regulated. Has a rear luggage rack in front of the spare big enough for a vintage leather suitcase... I'll even include the suitcase if you want! Has the original fuel pump in place which for safety has been disabled. There are retracting shoulder harness-lap belts in the front which blend so well with the upholstery they are almost invisable... they are mounted on stout angle iron underneath the wall upholstery. There are seat belts in the rumble seat and a special deck lid safety latch.<P>Wooden wheels, three have metal stems, I have the two other stems (didn't putthem in yet). Rear spare. Gut glass side wings which are gorgeous floral design. These are RARE-RARE they are original brackets which are stamped with the Buick logo from 1929... I bet you have never seen a set of these, let alone a complete perfect set!<P>The body is completely re-wooded, this car is really nice. It was never entered in any judged shows but was in three local owner judged shows and took three first places (one best of show). It is a real runner which I would not hesitate to jump in and drive for hundreds of miles. Everything is right and done well, I even restored the buzzer circuit breaker and then put fuses next to it... if you have a short it will buzz and then burn out the fuse if you wait a few seconds! You just won't find a better small series coupe anywhere.<P>Flaws: a little bubbling on the rumble seat deck lid paint... looks ok, but I have extra paint if you want to re-do it, Rear curtain does not roll itself up anymore (wind it up by hand easily) glass on gas guage face has a crack (I'll replace it if you want).<P>I have lots of literature on this car and tons of spare parts from my parts car... we can talk about the spares.<P>I am asking 18K. This car is ready to tour, or with a bit of work could be a show car. It is a strong 3 or maybe a weak 2. <P>Unfortunately I found a 1900 car I must have so this old friend must find a new home, otherwise I would never sell him. <P>Terry Horlick horlick@jps.net (530)272-5473

I have never posted before so I left out a lot on this car. Call for more information. I will try and post a link to two photos. <P>The car: <A HREF="http://home.jps.net/~horlick/tpics/29Buick.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://home.jps.net/~horlick/tpics/29Buick.jpg</A> <BR>Museum info sheet from when it was featured in the Towe Museum in Sacramento: <A HREF="http://home.jps.net/~horlick/tpics/baxter.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://home.jps.net/~horlick/tpics/baxter.jpg</A> <P><BR>I hope tis works: </br><center>29Buick.jpg" border="6</center>