WANTED 37 TO 40 BUICK

Looking to buy a 1937-40 Buick CLOSED CAR for TOURS. Car should be tour ready, I am NOT looking for a project, or high price show car.Heater and sidemounts a plus. Price range $10,000 to $15,000.Please send PRICE, MODEL, and SERIES in your reply. bonkoski6@aol.net

Not interested in a 41 0nly up to 40.Mr. Buick Sounds like you own a 50 Series Model 51, 4-dr.Tr. Sed. there is NO 51 SERIES. YOUR EYES MUST BE BLINDED BY THE NEW CHROME AND PAINT. cool.gif" border="0

• 3 months later...

Actually the guy knows what car he has, he has a 1941 Model 51, which is a Super 4 door sedan.<P>Anyway, in Hemmings there is a guy who always has a bunch of running, driving 1938-1940 Buicks and his number is 440-835-1193. I think you are going to be very hard pressed to find anything with sidemounts thats a nice looking runner/driver for under 15K.

THE CAR IN QUESTION IS A 41-51.TO YOU NEWCOMERS,ANY BUICK COULD BE QUICKLY IDENTIFIED THIS WAY. THE 41 MEANS THE CAR IS A 1941 MODEL, THE 5 IN THE SECOND PART MEANS IT IS A 50 SERIES (SUPER) A 51 MEANS IT IS A SUPER 4 DOOR. WAS WORKING AT A BUICK DEALERSHIP BEFORE THE 41 BUICKS CAME OUT.IF YOU TOOK THE FRONT CLIP OFF A 41 SUPER,YOU COULD PUT IT ON A 40 SUPER.ABOUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO WAS THAT,EXCEPT MY BUICK HAS 4 BBL CARBURETION,2 BBL FOR AVERAGE DRIVING,THEN BY MEANS OF PROGRESSIVE LINKAGE,ANOTHER 2 BBL'S FOR PASSING ETC.(BUICK WAS FIRST WITH A MASS-PRODUCED AMERICAN CAR WITH 4 BBL CARBURETION) i AM GOING TO SELL MY 41 TO SOMEONE WHO WILL APPRECIATE IT !