Paint mix formulas

I wuld like to buy an original or copy of the formulas for paint for a 1955 Buick. I have the color chips and am getting mine painted but need the proper mix to give to my painter.

Those formulas will do you little good.<BR>The products have undergone so many changes over the years that the formulas will not assure you a perfect match.<BR>You may as well clean up that chip and use a spectro color analysis at your paint supplier or just have them eyeball it.<BR>They tell me that some of the color codes and formulas are updated but not all. <BR>Try a Dupont supplier for original match.<BR>I have seen vast differences in paint colors <BR>from one part of the country to another using the same paint mixes.<BR>An interesting fact to point out is that the bodys for Flint built Buicks were painted by Fisher on the south side of Flint.Then they traveled 5 miles north to Buick Motors Div.and the front clips were painted by Buick.It caused a standard mismatch of pint color at the place the door and fender met.