71 buick center caps wanted

JUSTIN

I have them on my 65 riv and I think they are for a 71 buick. I need the center caps. is there a special center cap for riviera? how many different sizes of center caps are there? do I need to measure the hole in the wheel to see which one I need?<P>need all 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Buick Mags did change from year to year. All wheels have different metalurgy. The older mags were composed of Steel with Copper plating and then Chrome plating over the copper. This was an older Plating process <P>The later wheels dropped the copper plating and just chromed the steel. The holes in the center are different too. Don't let this technical item drive you nuts. I managed to ream out the small ones and I re-worked he clips on centers to fit the large ones too.<P>The centers I am familure with are: Original 65 "Black centers silver R" "very small chrome outer ring". My originals are very poor compared to the ones I built.<P>The 71 Centers were silver centers with a large outer chrome ring. I found these at a buick garage. Don't be bashful call the local buick parts guy and ask..sometimes they still have these items on stock and don't know it.<P>The 66-70 riv centers are large cones with a black R. These centers are the hardest to keep in the holes. I got so sick of losing them that I shelfed three of them.<P>I also purchased 71 centers, purchased re-manafacured Black with Silver Rs and glued them into the 71 centers. These are not original but they look really great. I purchased the Rs from some guy in Ca. He had a add in Hemmings Motor News. Check the Riv clubs too.