I Need An Intake!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1965 Special with the 225 V-6. I want to change it from the 1 barrel to a 2 barrel. I have the engine apart for the first time and I need to get it back together. I can't stand to see my baby not running. I think I can use a 2 barrel from the 66 or 67, but I am not sure. If anyone can help me, please let me know. Thanks.<P>Nathan

ask around on some of the mid 60's jeep sites. jeep/kaiser used the 225 v6 for several years in the mid 60's and the buick 350 tor two years in the fullsize wagoneer/gladiator. those boys have the parts you want, because those motors are the 'big' ones for them. here in buick land, the 225 is basically ignored :)<P>good luck.

There are more intakes both stock and aftermarket for a 225 than any other Buick. Jeep and marine are the best stock sources. The Jeep boys use the Offy 4brl intake, 500 AFB, 270-280 duration cam with 465-490 lift, plus 340 4 brl pistons. Without cam and pistons stay with the factory 2 brl, port match the intake to the heads and use an H pipe in the exhaust. Spend your money on the best double roller timming chain you can find. The odd fire of a 225 is hell on chains, loose chains change both cam and dist timming and rob you of a lot of power. The 225 is a great engine, parts are out there it will just take a little looking. JIM

Thanks for the info Jim. I will go with the 2 barrel intake and carb. If anyone knows of anywhere to get this jeep manifold, please let me know. I need to do it soon.

Try JandW auto wrecking in Roseville,CA 916-723-3950<BR> Capital Jeepers Supply 916-481-2326<BR> Mefford & Hood 559-686-6319<BR> Scotty's Jeep 909-829-2913<BR> Archer Bros 510-537-9587<BR> Olson's 4X4 530-626-4600<BR> Foothill Offroad 530-889-2021<BR> I would bet one or more of these guys has or can find your intake. It will ship UPS. JIM

Jim. Thanks for all the help. I am new at this engine building/modifying thing. This website and you in particular have been a great help. I will let you know the progress of the engine and the rest of the car. I am sure I will have more questions along the way.