1928 Chrysler vacuum fuel system HELP

Guest Bert Levy

Guest Bert Levy

I have a 1928 Chrysler 4 cyl that originally had a vacuum fuel delivery system (a six volt fuel pump is now being used). I would like to restore this to the original system but I know nothing about how the system works. There is a tank in the engine compartment which I am told is the original vacuum tank. Anyone out ther that can tell me what is involved. You can reply direct to bert_levy@sbcglobal.net or phone 905 701-9210.

Bert, sent you the Stewart Warner Vacuum System manual. Ask away if you have any questions. They are simple and reliable. You will have to tell us if there is anything in the tank. The innards may have been removed, which will complicate things a bit.

Here is a pic of mine on the 1928 Buick.

post-48480-143138242291_thumb.jpg

post-48480-143138242301_thumb.jpg

Edited by unimogjohn (see edit history)

Guest Bert Levy

Thanks for the message in my personnal email, I responded to this and promissed a reply here. My system is a little different than the manual you sent. You questioned the tank receiving vacuum from the lube pump. I explained that the "Owners Manual" states that this is so, the reason being that if the engine is out of lube oil then fuel will not be delivered to the engine.

Any questions, please ask, I will do my best to explain. Remember I too am learning!

Bert Levy