PARTED NEED for 455 Rebuild!

I am looking for a part that goes on the stock intake manifold for '74 Buick 455 engine! it's the Vacuum switch for the intake manifold for distributor timing! if anyone knows where i can find that part Please REPLY!!!! Thank YOU!

Guest RACEBUICKS

I have a 74 engine but I dont know exactly what it looks like do you have a picture to send of it to me ?

It's right towards the front of the intake manifold by the distributor cap! it screws in a little hole on the stock intake manifold!

I believe the part you are looking for is called a "thermal vacuum switch". On cars equipped with an automatic transmission, it will typically have 3 ports to attach vacuum hoses to. One port will have a vacuum hose running to the carb. Another port has a hose running to the transmission control spark solenoid(mounted to front of carb). The third port will be for the vacuum hose you are interested in and connects to the vacuum advance disc on the passenger side of the distributer. YearOne still carries this as part #2021N for about $21.95, but it may be available at auto parts stores for less money.

• 2 weeks later...