39 grill

wanted-wanted- a good 1939 grill. Can be good old or redone. mine is as pitted as I've ever seen and I've not had good luck getting pot metal done. I would hate to commit to doing this one when there might be one available even if the cost is no different. Anyone know of one available?<BR>Thanks,

Do not know of one now, but have seen 3 on e-bay over the last year. Do you have any spare transmission parts for the 39 series 60??? Mark <BR>sanders4@mindspring.com

Hi Mark,<BR>Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye on Ebay. I have a spare transmission that came with my 39 Special Convertible sedan. No idea if it's the right one or its condition. <BR>Bob Rader

Hi Bob:<P>I replate pot metal grills all the time. By the time the grill is stripped and polished and acid coppered usually there are very few pits left. The cost of filling the deep pits with potmetal is a lot less expensive than buying a new grill. A good grill is hard to find and they all have pits unless they have been replated. As long as the grill is complete it can be replated. Pot metal can be welded and any cracks can be repaired. Good luck finding a grill but if you can't drop me a line.<P>Peter