NOS 14 Inch BUICK Chrome Open Air Cleaners

I have several of the 14 Inch Chrome 360 degree open Buick Air Cleaners for sale. They were discontinued by GM a few years back. The lid has "BUICK" embossed on it. These are all NEW and in PERFECT condition. Pics available. Email at turbo_al@yahoo.com Everything included: Cleaner, element, rod, tri-shield wing nut, etc. Fits all stock Q-Jets and other carbs with 5 1/8 inch neck.

I thought so too, Pete. By the way, do you have any standard prices for plating (bumpers and valve covers)? Do you do Pot Metal restoration? Costs? I have some plating work I need done.

What year, make and model do you have? I have set prices on steel. But the price is always plus repair. I specialize in cars as they are 90% of my business. I only do show quality that way I have no complaints. Yes we do potmetal and potmetal repairs. We also polish stainless and aluminum. We put acid copper behind the parts which give a show finish (mirror). Let me now what you have and I'll give you a price. <P>Peter de Jong<P>pcdejong@uniserve.com

With potmetal I give a minimum and maximum because of grade of casting. I've done some potmetal and when it is plated there is a reaction which will then blister. The Rot then has to be cut out and welded to prevent blistering. The good thing is that GM potmetal is the best to work with. Pot metal can be hard to work with. It's like taking your car to a body shop and they find rust. The same thing applies to potmetal. <P>For your information<P>_Peter