1914 ignition switch needed!!

Guest 9TEEN08

Guest 9TEEN08

Hello All

I need a replacement ignition switch for a 1914 Studebaker 5 passenger touring. We had a tragic plating accident. The plater lost his mind and went NuTz! with the grinder trying too hard to make the part look pretty "to him" and did not follow strict instructions. The part is ruined beyond repair and we need a replacement. You can contact me at 916-600-7048 or by email at monkeypaws01@yahoo.com. Thank you

Can you post a photo of what you need? The part catalog lists Ignition switch as part 9865 but it is not illustrated on the ignition parts image page.

Stude8

Guest 9TEEN08

Thank you for the reply. Here is the best picture I have of the switch currently. It is on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

post-48438-143138170388_thumb.jpg

After relooking at the 1914 "EC" model Studebaker Six parts book I believe from your photo the item is called "Ignition Breaker Box" in the catalog.

The part 11627 in the illustrations looks like the handle on your instrument panel image.

I scanned the 3 pages related to igniton parts and will attach them here. I had to reduce resolution to get them down to a file size that can be uploaded with our worlds worst dial up ISP. If they don't produce a legible print out let me know by PM and I can email the larger size scans.

Stude8

post-31139-143138170502_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143138170504_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143138170507_thumb.jpg