1940 Mercury chassis schematic?

Guest prpsh

Hi there,

I cannot find any info on my 1939-40 Mercury frame. I have a bend right at the kick on the passanger side. If there is a schemetic out there it would be greatly appreciated. Completely different than a Ford by the way.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jack, but I now have put the frame on a frame table and have gotten it all straigtened within a 1/16 of an inch. It seemed that only one rail was up about an inch. The other rail had never been damaged, so we just pulled the one that was hit just in front of the rear kick down an inch. Fairly painless, not too bad of a job. Laser levels make this kind of very quite accurate.

Thanx

• 1 year later...

Maybe someone can chime in to answer this?

I know that (or at least read and seen sold seperately) that the 1941 Ford frame was taken from the 1939-1940 Mercury and the 41 Ford is a one-year only design. But visually I can't see much difference between the 41 and 42-46 Ford frames and have no idea what the 1939-40 Mercury frame looks like so...

Does anyone have photos of the 39-40 Mercury frame so I can see if there are any drastic differences besides dimensions? Are the X braces different in design and placement?

I know the 1940 Ford frame is completely different and out of the mix as is the 1947-1948.

Any help solving these puzzles appreciated!

Just curious,

Eric