Must Sell Or Repair '65 Special

I have a 1965 Buick Special 4door with a 300/super turbine 300 in good condition I would rather not sell it but my tranny is bad or something and I cant afford to Fix it Right now and i cant keep it much longer not driving well It wont shift outta 1st gear.<BR>Please email me if your interested or have any suggestions on how to fix it (alexib6ub9@yahoo.com)<BR>PS i live in seattle washington area

Before you sell your car, you can check a couple of things. <BR>Check to see if the vacuum line to the modulator came off both at the modulator or the intake manifold. This will cause no shift and hard shifts into drive and reverse from neutral.<BR>Next, check to see if your electric switch at the carb (trans kickdown) is broken or stuck. Even if the switch looks fine, disconnect it at the trans and drive the car. If it shifts, the switch is bad. <BR>Lastly, the governor in the trans may be stuck or the gear on the end broken off. If the governor doesn't spin, the trans won't shift.<BR>These are the main things that come to mind. Maybe someone else has other ideas.<BR>Good Luck,<BR>Mark