63 Buick rear end

Wanted: 63 Buick Wildcat rear end and info.<BR>My 401 Wildcat (auto) screams off the line but does 2000 rpm at 45 mph. I need smaller<BR>rear for long trips. Anybody have one for sale? THANKS Cliff Adams BCA# 31766

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dbman:<BR><B> Where are you Chris? I see we have the same server... I know where a couple are near me..<BR>Email me and we'll see what we can do.<BR>Dave</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>IT's Cliff, I'm in south Texas(Pearland)<BR>Got some rear ends? What size? Thanks

Are you sure the rear end is the culprit? I have the same car and it cruises very nicely at 80mph.. At 50 or 55 it's barely revving. Like around 1500 rpm maybe. Don 't have a tach, but I know it's not that high. I hit 2000 maybe at like 65. Sounds like your switch-pitch might be slippin a little more than you would want. Anyways, just a thought. <P>Jamie<BR>

Chris<BR>I'm in Tulsa. Have you checked the code on the rear end to see what the ratio is? Haven't done the math but you could have a 3.42 towing package car,if so it should have posi too. What I wondered is if the rear from my `65 Wildcat would swap directly with yours.<BR> The pervioss post abt the switch pich was right too,could just be the switch is out of adjustment, or bad,I would certanly check that first. <BR>Dave