Stop lights for Dodge

On 29 there is a switch on master cylinder that is still avail thru Napa last time I looked. Pretty sure that 29 was first year for four wheel hydraulic brakes. 28 and previous were mechanical rods I believe ( but may again be incorrect) and possibly even external in the rear but I am only guessing that at this point from somthing I had heard in the past. I dont know if Chrylser used them prev. to 29 but am also curious to hear what anyone else says about this

Your master cylinder if original style will be clearly marked lockheed on the side of it, switch is on top toward front. Napa autoparts is just a general supplier of automotive parts here in the U.S. One of the largest, I know I have a good Napa part # somewhere for that switch, or at least last time I knew it was good, if someone else here cannot help I will try and find it for you but cant promise that I have it.

Guest Bill-W
On 29 there is a switch on master cylinder that is still avail thru Napa last time I looked. Pretty sure that 29 was first year for four wheel hydraulic brakes. 28 and previous were mechanical rods I believe ( but may again be incorrect) and possibly even external in the rear but I am only guessing that at this point from somthing I had heard in the past. I dont know if Chrylser used them prev. to 29 but am also curious to hear what anyone else says about this

The 1928 Dodge Brothers Victory Six and Senior Six had 4-wheel hydraulic brakes.

The first production car with hydraulic brakes, and 4-wheel hydraulics as well, was the 1924 Chrysler Six. The 4-cylinder 1927 Chrysler 50, model I, and 1928 52, model I*, used 2-wheel mechanical brakes with hydraulics optional.

All Plymouth and DeSoto models came with hydraulic brakes.

Bill

Vancouver, BC