54 to 56 buick frame swap

Hi looken for a bit of advice here. I am considering buying a 54 special frame that has already been subed front and rear to put under my 56 special. I havent seen it but the wheel base is the same as far as we can tell. Im not sure about the rail width or other particulars. Has anyone had experiance in this area? I would appreciate the help.I can handle a little modification of body mounts just nothing major.<BR> Thanks!!!<BR>Tom H..... oldies1955@home.com<--Email addy<BR> P.S.Bill if ya read this tell the wife to hang on!!!! LOL smile.gif

I did a 55' GMC truck once and the sub frame attachment was great.<BR>I want front disc for my 56' Special. <BR>I guess you can have that with this conversion. Why was the back "sub-framed"?<BR>That part would worry me. Was all this done on a frame machine?<P>Let me know how you ended up.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill: The state of arizona has raped me royaly!!! Im out of money!! I will kick myself from here to tomarrow in about a year or two for not getting the frame but im tapped out on cash... frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif <BR> Srry bud...I had to get another car...<BR> Tks anyway...<BR>Tom H.(grumbles about emissions testing being a gov. scam!!!!)