lifters for 55 Buick 264

Can anyone tell me where I can get lifters and an intake manifold gasket for a Buick 264. I don't want to have to buy a (whole engine gasket set), and I'd like to get the lifters for something a little more reasonable than what Kanter wants for them.<P>Thanks<BR>Jim

Hi Jim, I assume that you have a Special, I have just got done O/H my 322. I have learned quite a few tricks too, good thing as it's not cheap to do a Buick nailhead.<BR> To make things somewhat easier for you(it did me), I would use the 56 lifters AND pushrods...the 56 up type was used up to 66 on the nailhead and I think into the next generation of V-8. It is way cheaper than 55 lifters as 55 stands all alone which makes them incredibly expensive. The pushrods are different...a measley 1/4", but the pushrods I got are way beefier than originals and are alo the more common type being 56-up type...just makes things easier to do down the road should the need ever arise again as I don't know if you are doing a valve job or a complete rebuild. <BR> If you are doing a total teardown, drop me an email as I have lots of very helpful tips attained from the wonderful users of this page without whom I would have done alot wrong, and way overspent.<BR> My supplier was Classic Buicks in Ca.<BR> 909-591-0283...ask for Mark as he's the owner...good guy to deal with, good parts in a timely fashion on my doorstep promptly!!!<P> If you are/planning to do other things to your car, let me know, maybe we can do some swapping of recipes!!!!!!!...Got a fair amount of 55 stuff and oodles of knowledge from BCA members and my priceless factory lit.<P> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Let me know what state your in too...other good suppliers all over.<P> don55