BEWARE: 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible 69K org

BUYERS BEWARE!!!<P>You may want to investigate why this car is being auctioned on both the eBay<BR>site as well as the California Cruising website. (www.calcruising.com) There<BR>is no link between the two, but all the same information and pictures. As of<BR>Tuesday, October 10th at 6:25 pm EST, the high bid on eBay was $30,000 while<BR>the high bid on California cruising was $21,500.<P>A message is posted on the Buy/Sell discussion section of the Buick Club of<BR>America website that tell users about the California Cruising web site. <BR>Buick Club's web site is <A HREF="http://www.buickclub.org" TARGET=_blank>www.buickclub.org</A> <P>Not only that, but this exact same car was recently listed by the original seller here on the Buick Club Buy/Sell page for only $24,000<BR>

Dear Sir,<BR>Just a note to let you know that the posting by this so-called ethical seller has done nothing more than mislead the interested collectors that were bidding on this unique 53 skylark convertible. I always thought that it was any ones right to publish the sale of their vehicle virtually anywhere<BR>they wanted as long as they were in the position to pay for that advertising. I think that this "ethical seller's" comments are without any merit, and have done nothing more than harm an individual who paid for the<BR>car to the seller in full virtually immediately and as agreed, and has<BR>subsequently decided to try and sell this same collector car to another interested party and collector. The information provided in this "ethical seller's" comments is misleading, and makes the wrongful assumption that California Cruising would not have handled the final sale ethically. To the best of my knowledge, as I have purchased a very rare and expensive vehicle<BR>in the past from California Cruising, they deal with the highest level of integrity, and try to make sure, regardless of how many places that any one vehicle may or may not be advertised in that they may be selling, that as the auction or auctions draw to a close, that all potential bidders competing at that time are aware of the actual highest bid for that vehicle. This is only deemed necessary due to the fact that not all auction companies collaborate in their efforts to cross reference all postings. I believe that this "ethical seller" should apologize to all concerned and or contacted in this matter, as a matter of "GOOD ETHICAL PRACTICE". Additionally, see the moderators reply posted in the 53 Skylark ad as started by keitherrn@aol.com, dated 10/12/00 at 9:30 a.m. It is a fair and accurate response by the moderator.<P>[This message has been edited by rdw33b (edited 10-12-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by rdw33b (edited 10-12-2000).]

I only checked the eBay site, as that's the one I'm most familiar with. The guy has a reserve set on it. You can set the reserve so high that it won't get hit, then he can assess all the bidders from his various auctions. I'm not implying he's doing anything wrong either, he might have the reserver set to what he really wants for it. In that case he can always end the auction early and sell it, there's nothing against eBay rules for doing that.

Heck!! If im sinking that kind of money into a car im not going to buy it from a picture!! Im going to go and touch every square inch of it with my little mittens!!Let him advertise for what he wants.Its still up to the individual whos interested if he wants to pay it or not.<BR>Just my thought!!!<BR>

rdw33b<P>Is the same item being offered on 2 completely different actions at the same time?<P>I am a little confused. If I have the highest bid on an auctioned item but someone else on completely different action has a higher bid than mine, who is awarded the merchandise? Me or the person from another action? Granted the person auctioning the item wants to get the highest price for their item, but I would be extremely upset if I was the high bidder on an action and lost out to a higher bidder on a completely different action.<P>Please enlighten me.<BR>

Call me stupid, but my understanding is that legally when a person places an item in an auction, the high bidder has the full rights of ownership upon presenting payment. If this item was placed on two different auction sites, it is a totally different story from the item being auctioned on one site and being advertised on another. <P>From the sounds of it, this seller placed the car on both auction sites. Had the reserve price been met on both sites, he would have been unable to satisfy both buyers. If so, then we as Buick owners are being taken as being real fools. <P>Shame on California Cruising.

Call me stupid, but my understanding is that legally when a person places an item in an auction, the high bidder has the full rights of ownership upon presenting payment. If this item was placed on two different auction sites, it is a totally different story from the item being auctioned on one site and being advertised on another. <P>From the sounds of it, this seller placed the car on both auction sites. Had the reserve price been met on both sites, he would have been unable to satisfy both buyers. If so, then we as Buick owners are being taken as being real fools. <P>Shame on California Cruising.